Twain Importer Product Description
- - Import JPEG, TIFF and other image files scanned with MFP (MFD) into local or shared folder
- - Import PDF files via TWAIN interface into document imaging systems
- - Demo your capture product to customers on a notebook without real hardware
- - Test scan application
- - Import from a Microsoft Sharepoint Shared folder
- - Import from an attached digital camera or flash drive
- - Quickly insert a number of images into Microsoft Word
- - Convert color documents to black-and-white
- - Rotate, alter, and improve an image’s quality
- - Import files with Kofax VRS
- - and more!
Twain Importer is simple to use: specify a folder with images, and Twain Importer will transfer them into your favorite Twain application using the usual profiles and processes.
Following operation systems are supported:
- - Windows XP 32/64 bits
- - Windows 7 32/64 bits
- - Windows 2008 Server 32/64 bits
- - Windows 2008 Server R2 32/64 bits
- - Windows 8 32/64 bits
- - Windows 2012 Server 32/64 bits
One of the most popular use cases - using TwainImporter with all-in-one devices (multi functional devices). Scan to shared folder and then import files with TwainImporter. You can even use it on RemoteDesktop or VMWare although if you need to capture documents from scanner on Remote Server you should take a look at RemoteDesktop Twain.
By request, we have also created a more advanced version of Twain Importer for developers. Do you need to test a scanning application on a virtual PC? Do you want to do this quickly? Twain Importer, Developer Edition is the best solution. You can create your set of etalon images and do extensive tests. The loop feature makes volume tests as easy as 1-2-3!
Also Twain Importer can help to improve images quality for further OCR or barcode recognition and decrease a size of images. Now it can convert color documents to binary, detect and remove paper color from documents and rotate images during transferring. But if Twain Importer Image Enhancement is not enough then you can use it with Kofax VRS and get the best possible production quality.